Tuesday, 12 June 2012

MNRB Interview 2012

Assalamualaikum & Hi everyone.

MNRB interview was 2 weeks before SPM results came out. But, you don't simply apply by filling up forms, instead you have to attach an handwritten essay together with your application form. The essay instruction for my time was...

 "Please submit a handwritten essay in English, not exceeding 500 words, describing reasons for applying for this scholarship, benefits from the course of study including education, and career plans (on a separate sheet of paper)" 
Basically it consists of three topics (the ones I bold):
#Reasons why you apply for their scholarship (puji2 lah sikit)
#Benefits from the course you wanna pursue
#Your career plans for the future

From my understanding, you basically need three sheets of paper, on each one scribble down your essay for each topic. And the sum of the the whole three-sheet essay is less than 500 words. Beware of your grammar! Ask anybody good in English to check it for you :) The essay was required to be submitted before or on 5 January 2012. Quite bizarre, but I managed to finish it up on the January 4. Phew~

Then, I received the letter from MNRB at the end of the month of February, approx. two weeks before the interview. I was quite relieved to realize that I could still do my research about the company and the actuarial science course back then.

THE DAY.

My interview was set at 10.30 am but since my lovely dad had lectures to deliver, he sent me and my mom as early as 6.30 am! I know it was absurd. Haha. There wasn't even a surau to lie down and rest. Unfortunately, the Malaysian-Re (MNRB) building was't open yet too. So we sat down at the bus stand in front of the building and waited.

At 8.30 am, I went up to the 11th floor by an elevator and went to the counter to register. Oh yes, just so you know, during my time it was different from the previous years. Usually it was a one-to-one interview but during my time, it turned out to be a group interview. [Maybe they already have the chosen candidates, so interviewing us was just out of formality or they wanted to end the whole interview sessions up ASAP, I don't know. Just making assumptions here.] No, I dislike it. Hehe. I always have this butterfly-in-the-stomach feeling that the answers I prepared would be 'stolen' away by other candidates. LOL.

And, Yes, too bad it happened today. Some of my answers happened to be my fellow group members' answers as well. And since they were the first one to be asked, so I couldn't do anything. *GASP*
During the registration, I took a quick glance at the name lists and learned that I was grouped with two Indians. They were both boys. Before the interview, there was this friendly Kakak, named Kak Jannah that was the one to contact us, took a personal picture of each and everyone of us in a meeting room. Wow, sounds cool, huh? Hehe ^^ Then, we just sat and mingle around while waiting for our turns. Generally, not every candidate is your peer, some would be STPM leavers and also Diploma/Asasi leavers.

My interview wasn't fun, seriously. I wasn't satisfied with either my performance or the questions asked. These are the questions being asked to us [I figured it out that some candidates were also asked very little questions]
# Tell me about yourself [STANDARD QUESTION to all interviews]
# Why you wanna take this course? [Seriously, I felt like saying, "You see, it is all stated in my essay", but didn't dare to say it out loud]
# You didn't get PLKN? Do you think it's necessary?
# Have you been to other interviews?
# Any questions? [For God's sake, just ask something!]

And that's all. My 3 hours waiting was such a pain. Hahaha. I am not satisfied at all. I was actually expecting some tasks like English&Math tests or a presentation/BOD meeting since it's a huge and established company. But, it was okay lah.

That is all. Thanks for sparing your time to read my rambling! ^^

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Im preparing for this interview.. Any advice??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preparing for the application...deadline is very near!I just knew it few days ago..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I was just telling my cousin yesterday about the application. She literally just sent the application too. All the best!! Let me know if you need any help :)

      Delete
  3. ASSALAMUALAIKUM! DID YOU GET THE SCHOLARSHIP? AND HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THE INTERVIEW, YEAH I MEAN, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF WHO WILL GET THE SCHOLARSHIP??

    ReplyDelete
  4. hye awak. sy ada interview nextweek. blh sy tau awak bwk apa? i mean any sijil start from spm ke cmne? ada apa2 tips tk? each question awak jwb pnjg2 ke?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello there! i want to ask, what do you bring during your interview? do you bring any certificate starting from PMR? or just the latest certificate such as transcript? thanks.

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts?