Salaam and Hi people.
Hello hello :)
I thought I already wrote about my Exxonmobil interview a year ago. (Phew, it was a year ago! Oh my, how time has flown!)
Procedure in applying for the exxonmobil scholarship (They rather call it "Internship", but it still means the same anyway) is sooo sooo complicated and annoying. Ask anyone who had applied. Trust me, it's a total annoyance. Haha. There are so many steps that you have to follow before you can click the button "Submit".
|ExxonMobil dengan Esso tuh, sama je :D|
Afternoon. My junior posted a screenshot of the email he received informing that he has been selected to attend the interview. Tahniah lah ek!
So, I guess SPM leavers have started doing research and checking blogs right now. I will try to jot down everything that I still remember about this interview, insyaAllah.
1. Exxonmobil selection process consists of TWO stages: Tests (first stage) and Interview (second stage)
2. Last year, NO interview was conducted on the first stage.
Yes, they stated in the email that it was going to be an interview. But it turned out to be ONLY tests. It was simply to surprise us!
Well, since I didn't manage to go to the second round (kuikuikui), so I will simply explain about the first stage. Ala, don't worry too much because before you guys start your test, Exxonmobil's ex-scholars or their current scholars, will briefly explain about their experiences being under the scholarship (Or was it after the tests? Dude, I forget already :\ ). Then, there is a Question&Answer session where you can simply ask ANYTHING! Please ask! And don't forget to introduce yourselves :P
So, that's basically point Number 3. Haha.
4. We started with Mathematics test. There were 20 questions altogether, to be answered in one hour. Oh, NO CALCULATOR WAS ALLOWED. The paper was prepared by a calculus professor from a university in USA. The questions were quite difficult since it was equal to Pre-U level of math.
5. English test should be enjoyable to those who like writing. Three topics were given but we had to choose and write only one essay. Hmm, I only remember two of them. Sorry (Coz this post is really really late and I barely remember the details).
- Talk about your ambition, you career path that you dream of. Explain difficulties/ hardships that you have been through to achieve your ambition. (Something like this la. Tak ingat, serious tak ingat!) Haha.
- Describe the best day of your life.
6. Stage 2: Interview. My friend who received it said that it was a phone interview. Y'know, they call you and ask you some random questions.
7. They send the scholars to pursue their degrees at either US or Amsterdam. (Le friend went to Amsterdam already).
8. What's good about this scholarship? You don't need to do your Pre-U!! So you're flying off abroad real soon.
Because most universities (especially in US) readily accept our 11 years of schooling. The reason for doing Pre-U is actually to complete requirements of certain universities that ask for 12 years of schooling.
Wait, do you understand what I am talking about? Hihi.
Never mind, I think I will make a new post just for that.
9. I am not sure whether this year's interview will be different or not (as in whether interviews will be conducted on the first stage of selection process). Nevertheless, prepare for both, interview and tests. Maybe they wanted to make the process easier and decided to do everything in a day.
So I believe that's all. Make friends lah, coz you will definitely see some of them again at other places.
I met Liyana, Audrey, and two TKC girls which I no longer can recall their names. Ishh, haha.
Goodluck! May Allah bless you :)