Sunday, 10 March 2013

A piece of advice

She was smiling widely at me, dimples appeared on both sides of her cheeks. She was so beautiful.

"Thank you, Sister", she said.

I nodded my head twice, acknowledging her feeling of gratitude towards me for helping her. "No problem, cutie pie. You gotta learn to be strong. Women ain't weak, honey".

"But, it is proven that men are stronger than women. They punch better," she replied, her eyes landed on my face.

I laughed. Before I cleared her doubts, I took a deep breath. "Yes, honey. Physically, women are weaker than men. Our physical strength is much weaker than them. But, have you forgotten that we have an extraordinary inner strength? But it is something that we need to polish, that we need to learn to control. Inner strength never comes to be perfect on its own. We ought to have a will and desire to develop it. So honey, you must learn from experience. After all, experience is the best teacher, right? Be forgiving, but never forget. Never let the same bad thing happens to you again. Never step into the 'hell' twice, dear."

She paused for a while, looking straight ahead of her. Her forehead folded into lines as she was trying to justify what I just said. I looked away too, to the bushes of colorful roses at the garden. Suddenly I felt her putting her small and tiny hand on mine, our fingers intertwined. "I am so glad that you are here with me, you have thought me many things about life of which I shall follow. Don't worry Sis, I will make sure I grow up remembering your golden advice."

"Sure thing, sweetheart. And remember, don't forget Allah (God)."

Regards,
MizaFirzana Basir

1 comment:

A penny for your thoughts?